Friday, April 16, 2010

New Purse

This week I have been feeling crafty....

not like any other week really....

but this week I actually got something accomplished!

I am always making things for Kinsey, dresses, hair clips, etc. It was time to make something for me.

Never have I made a purse, so this project was a little daunting. But I didn't let myself get scared...what's the worst that could happen? a waste of time, money, and effort...but I'd never tell anyone!

So today I ventured to the fabric store with toddler in tow....

hmmmm....stressful anyone?

After numerous bolts of fabric were flung on the floor and misplaced we managed to escape with some cute fabric! Let me just mention here that I LOVE the fabric store, it is right up there with Target and Costco on places that I buy way too much stuff at and should generally be supervised at (and not by a toddler).

After said toddler was napping peacefully....oh so peacefully.....I rushed to finish my project.

Here it is....what do you think?



I really love it, except I think it needs to be much, much bigger. I am a mom you know! I really don't think they'll respect me as a mom at the park if I don't carry a huge bag, they'll think I'm just the nanny!

Next week I just might have to venture to the fabric store again to buy some more fabric and make a 'mom-sized' purse.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...