Tuesday, February 2, 2010

I have a confession.....


.........I'm a sugar-holic.
I know, if you know me this is sooo hard to believe. I guess you already knew I had a problem, didn't you? You know, deep down I have known for quite sometime myself, I guess I have just been in denial......ahem......

...for the last ten years or so.

So to curb my cravings I always have sweets in the house, usually store-bought and easy to reach if a sugar crisis arises. But the last 6 months or so I have been obsessing quite regularly about cakes, cupcakes, and cookies. No....not just about eating them.....more often than not about making them. I think I am a reasonably good baker and a decorator who just needs to learn more skills.

Unfortunately I cannot consume all the goodies I would LOVE to try making and decorating all on my own. Roy is not a sweet-tooth unless you are serving pistachio pudding or brownies with nuts. That really limits my options for trying new things.

And although technically there are three members of our family....I just can't let the baby eat too many sweets...against my parenting rules from way back when I knew just how to raise a child. (i.e. before I had a tantrum toddler in my house who I would do almost anything to quiet)

So my dreams of fondant and butter cream are all crammed into my head these days, fueled by shows like 'Cake Boss' and 'Ultimate Cake-Off', as well as bakerella, Cake Journal, and oddly enough Cake Wrecks. My poor head is spinning and my mouth is constantly drooling at what could be. Every time I wake up at night I am thinking cake, cake, cake....it's CRAZY!

I really need to do something about this obsession, a friend of mine and I are planning on taking decorating classes this spring, and I have my mind set on trying to do an at-home business making cakes and cupcakes for all occasions. I just need to practice, practice, practice.....and learn how to get myself out there to gain business exposure.

But who will eat all my goodies-in-training?

hmmmm........???

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...